Greek Yogurt Taco Dip
It’s Tuesday, so you know what that means! Tacos! Well, in this case it’s Greek Yogurt Taco Dip, which is even better if you ask me. Especially because this version is a bit healthier with it’s yogurt base to add some protein. It’s full of flavourful southwestern spices and topped with lettuce, cheese, olives, and fresh diced tomatoes!
What do I need to make Greek Yogurt Taco Tip?
Here’s everything you’ll need to make a fabulous appetizer for your next summer gathering or Taco Tuesday party:
- Organic Valley cream cheese (or Neufchatel cheese for a lower fat option) at room temperature
- Plain Greek yogurt – I used full fat, but low-fat or fat-free would also work
- Taco seasoning – Feel free to use a store bought blend or make your own! I included my recipe below.
- Iceberg lettuce
- Colby jack cheese – Be sure to avoid pre-shredded cheeses which contain anticaking agents. Colby, pepper jack, or cheddar could also be used
- Slicing tomatoes – Try to get local tomatoes if possible as they will have much more flavour!
- Black olives
How do I make Greek Yogurt Taco Dip?
This recipe is incredibly easy and comes together in just 15 minutes! There’s no cooking or baking required, so it’s great for hot summer days too!
Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and creamy. Then add the yogurt and seasoning blend and continue mixing until well combined.
Transfer the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or an 8×8 baking dish (ideally with tall sides). Spread the lettuce evenly on top, followed by cheese, tomatoes, and olives. Serve right away with tortilla chips. Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for a couple days, but it may get a bit watery from the lettuce and tomatoes.
I hope you enjoy this delicious and simple Greek Yogurt Taco Dip! Be sure to leave a rating below and let me know what you think in the comments! Happy Taco Tuesday!
More Dip Recipe to Try
Greek Yogurt Taco Dip
- 8 oz Organic Valley cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp taco seasoning*
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce finely chopped
- 1 cup Colby jack cheese freshly shredded
- 1-2 medium slicing tomatoes diced
- 3 oz black olives sliced
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and creamy.
- Add the yogurt and seasoning blend and continue mixing until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9 inch pie plate or an 8×8 baking dish (ideally with tall sides).
- Spread the lettuce evenly on top, followed by cheese, tomatoes, and olives.
- Serve right away with tortilla chips. Enjoy!
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)