Hello! Today officially marks one year since I started blogging here at Roots! I want to take a moment to thank all of my readers and followers for your continued support, but I would like to extend a special thank you to Author S of Ink Spatters Brought to Life for nominating me for the Liebster Award! It is quite an honor to be nominated for my third award in my first year.
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you and feature a picture of the award.
- Answer 11 questions provided by the nominator.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and notify them.
- Ask 11 questions to the other bloggers.
- Why did you join WordPress? I joined WordPress because my sister started a blog called LuBerry Pie. (I highly recommend stopping over to her’s.) We were talking about it one day and she thought that since I’m into clean eating and cooking that I would have a lot of content to write about, so I decided to give it a shot.
- Describe your writing/blogging style in one sentence. Since many of my posts are recipes, much of my writing is technical.
- What would you like to be able to do with your blog in the next few months? In the next few months, I would love to establish a steady following. Right now I’ve been too busy to write very much and as a result, I’m not getting much traffic. Hopefully I can get posts published regularly and start getting consistent views.
- If you could be anyone for a day, who would it be and why? I would be Amish for a day. I couldn’t live that lifestyle permanently, but I have always wanted to experience it. Besides, I already know how to drive horses! 🙂
- Is there anyone you try to emulate while writing? No, not in particular. Most of my writing is technical rather than creative, so I just write to the beat of my own drum. I do however enjoy reading other blogs to get ideas for formatting and writing styles.
- Are there any rules you follow for yourself and your work? The only guidelines I have is that all my content be centered around clean-eating and allergies. Sometimes it’s a little tough because I have such a sweet tooth, so I want to do posts on some of my not-so-healthy favorite treats. Maybe I can find ways to make them healthier and then add a dessert category. Stay tuned!
- Name three pet peeves.
- Tailgating. No, I don’t mean grilling in a parking lot before a football game. I mean when I’m already going over the speed limit and I’m afraid the person behind me is going to rear-end me.
- When my horse doesn’t stand still. Sure, he usually cooperates at home, but whenever we go to a show, he frantically moves around all over the place while I try to tack him up. It doesn’t help that I’m already extremely stressed out at competitions and am trying not to miss my next class. Oh well, I love my little pony no matter what. 🙂
- So what can you eat? The classic question I get whenever I tell people I have tons of allergies. To be honest, only 3 of my 12 allergies are foods which means there are more things I can eat than things I can’t. It really isn’t that hard to avoid things, it’s just an inconvenience at times.
- If you could have one question answered with complete honesty, what would you ask? I would want to know what people’s first impressions of me are. I’ve always wanted to see what I’m like from someone else’s point of view.
- What’s one writing weakness you have? My biggest writing weakness is wordiness. I tend to find a lot of clutter and redundancy in my writing. I need to remember quality over quantity.
- If you could change one thing about nature, what would that be and why? I honestly don’t feel qualified to make any objections to nature. I didn’t create it, but the One who did made everything with a purpose even if I don’t understand it. Nonetheless, I wouldn’t mind if fall was a little longer or if natural disasters didn’t happen. That being said, they happen for a reason even if it doesn’t make sense to us in the moment. Everything will work out just as it should, so even if it would be nice to have five months of fall and only two of summer, that would throw off the rest of nature. There are so many intricacies that allow it to work together in harmony that surpass all human understanding.
- If it was legal to have any animal as a pet, what would be the newest addition to your family? My top choice would be a zebra because they’re gorgeous and also in the equine category. Another great option (and maybe slightly more realistic) would be a capybara. Every time I see them at the zoo, I can only think about how fun it would be to have one!
- I’m afraid to ride bikes…due to a traumatizing childhood experience that didn’t even lead to injury. Yet I can fall off a horse any day and hop back on as if nothing happened.
- I started playing piano when I was three, cello when I was ten and have since picked up the ukulele and have dabbled with accordion.
- My favorite type of car is Cadillac, but right now I drive Chevy which is also pretty great.
- I love listening to country music–both modern and 80s/90s.
- I wasn’t asked on a date until I was 18.
- I’ve traveled to Canada, Costa Rica, and have been to 18 of the States.
- I am an olive oil/balsamic vinegar connoisseur. I love trying new flavors of infused oils and vinegar and mixing and matching them.
- I am a hardcore Wisconsinite which means I love cheese, brats, and snow and I know what a bubbler is. Let me know in the comments if you know!
- I am a student at the University of Wisconsin and plan to attend vet school where I want to focus on neonatal equine medicine.
- I have an obsession with boots and honestly don’t know how many pairs I have. I think it’s somewhere between 10 and 20. It’s all part of the equestrian life. 🙂
- I love going on mission trips and hope to do a pre-veterinary trip to Central America before I apply to vet school.
- Jazz Izzin
- Marvelous Day
- Wish to Dish
- The World of Fritters
- From Dream to Plan
- Living Outside the Box
- Julie Journeys
- Cosmetics for Thought
- World Food Blogger
- The Adventures of a Day Hiker
- 4 Radical Roadschoolers and a Fat Cat
- If you could know one thing from your future what would it be?
- What is one thing you wish you could tell your younger self?
- Describe an eye-opening experience you’ve had and how it changed you.
- Share a fun fact about your hometown.
- What is one food you’ve always wanted to learn to make?
- What is something you look forward to each week and why?
- What is a staple in your wardrobe?
- Where would your dream vacation be?
- If you had to choose between living on a sailboat or in an RV which would you pick and why?
- Describe your dream day. Imagine you have an entire day to do whatever you want. What would you do from dawn to dusk?
- What was the best prank you ever pulled?
8 thoughts on “Liebster Award”
Thank you so much for nominating me!!! ☺️ xx
You’re welcome! I look forward to reading your post! 🙂
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it! Really nice to meet you!😊😊🙂🙂
Thank you so much for nominating me!! Loved to read your answers!
You’re welcome! I look forward to reading yours as well!
My pleasure! Oh thank you! 🙂
Great post! Congrats on being nominated 🙂