Mini Banana Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Chips
These Mini Banana Bundt Cakes are sweetened with fruit and studded with dark chocolate chips. With whole wheat flour and no additional sugar, these little treats make a delicious breakfast, snack, or dessert! You can find the recipe below or purchase it in a recipe bundle with in my Etsy shop here!
There seems to be no shortage of overripe bananas around the Fricke Farmhouse! Last week, I was volunteering at our local food pantry. At the end of the night, we still had a box and a half of quickly ripening bananas. We gave away as many as we could, but the leftovers would go to waste, so I took home a bag full. With so many on hand, I tried out a new variation on my many banana breads–Mini Banana Bundt Cakes!
What do I need to make Mini Banana Bundt Cakes ?
Mini Banana Bundt Cakes are super simple require minimal ingredients. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Overripe bananas
- Coconut oil
- Ground flax seed
- Cinnamon extract (or vanilla)
- The Spice House cinnamon
- Baking soda
- Celtic sea salt
- Whole wheat pastry flour
- Dark chocolate chips
Do I need any special equipment?
All you need is a mini Bundt cake pan. Mine has 12 moulds which make lovely little snack sized cakes. Many pans have six bigger moulds instead. You can definitely use one of these pans, but note that the baking time will increase.
I recommend using an enamel pan because it won’t have the toxic non-stick coating like so many others. Just be sure to grease it very well with coconut oil to prevent sticking!
How do I make Mini Banana Bundt Cakes?
Start by preheating the oven to 425°F and grease the mini Bundt cake pan with coconut oil (be generous). Use a small bowl to whisk the flax seed and boiling water. Let stand for five minutes to make an egg substitute. In a large bowl, whisk the mashed banana and coconut oil.
Pour the flax mixture along with the cinnamon extract (or vanilla) into the large bowl and whisk all the wet ingredients together. Finally, add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until just combined, being sure not to over mix.
Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter. Then, scoop the batter into the Bundt cake pan, making each one about ⅔ full. Be careful not to overfill them, as the batter will rise. Bake for about six minutes before reducing the oven temperature to 400°F.
Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and the tops are golden brown. Let rest in pan for five minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. When they are totally cool, drizzle some melted chocolate over the top for an extra treat!
I hope you enjoy these Mini Banana Bundt Cakes! Be sure to leave a rating below and let me know what you think in the comments. I’d love to see your creations, so tag @roots_and_rosemary on Instagram with any photos of your cakes. Happy baking!
More Banana Recipes to Try
- Banana Date Muffins (vegan)
- Chocolate Banana Rye Muffins
- Blueberry Banana Muffins (vegan)
- Tahini Banana Muffins (vegan)
- Banana Nut Bread (vegan)
- Spiced Banana Rum Cookies
- Spiced Banana Rum Muffins (vegan)
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cake
Mini Banana Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Chips
- Mini Bundt cake pan
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp boiling water
- 2 cups overripe bananas mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted
- 1½ tsp cinnamon extract or vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Celtic sea salt
- 1½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips plus extra for drizzling on top
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease the mini Bundt cake pan with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flaxseed and boiling water. Let stand for 5 minutes. This will make an egg substitute.
- In a large bowl, whisk the mashed banana, coconut oil, flax mixture, and cinnamon extract into the large bowl.
- Then add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, and flour. Mix until just combined, being sure not to overmix.
- Gently fold the chocolate chips into the batter.
- Scoop the batter into the mini Bundt pan, making each one about ⅔ full. Do not overfill.
- Bake for about 6 minutes. Then reduce oven temperature to 400°F. Bake for another 10-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean and tops are golden brown.
- Let the cakes rest in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack.
- If desired, drizzle melted chocolate on top of the cakes when they are cool.
2 thoughts on “Mini Banana Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Chips”
These little bundt cakes are adorable and I love all the healthy ingredients
Thank you so much!!