A while back, I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger award by Sa from Culture Shocks. Thank you so much for the nomination! I wish I could have gotten to this sooner. It really means a lot though and I always appreciate the support. Be sure to take a moment and check out her blog! Below are the rules for how the award works.
- Thank your nominator and provide a link to his/her blog.
- Answer the 11 questions from the nominator.
- Nominate other bloggers by commenting on one of their posts and providing a link to their blog.
- Write the nominees 11 new questions.
- Write the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award.
- What are your plans for the the summer? I’m casually working three jobs, applying to veterinary school, competing at horse shows, and getting married in 55 days! Enough to keep me busy to say the least.
- What is one of your favorite posts that you’ve written on your blog? One of my favorite posts is Merlot Chocolate Cheesecake that I did in collaboration with my sister and her friend Julia, the creators of Lauren and the Foreign. Check out the post here as well as their YouTube channel!
- What place in the world would you want to visit? Italy, Iceland, and Banff National Park to name a few. Even though travelling is super stressful for me, there’s a ton of places I want to go!
- Which book had an impact on your life? The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein makes me really wonder if my dog can understand everything I tell her.
- If you were an animal, what animal would you be? My go-to answer for this question is always a horse because they’re my favorite and I kind of eat like a horse (i.e. apples, carrots, watermelon, bananas, kiwi etc). But if you ask my fiancé , I think he’d tell you I’m much more of a koala 🙂
- What is your favorite memory from your childhood? Oh man, I could go on for a long time on these! But when we were little, my mom would take bike trips to Vermont in the summer and our dad would stay home with us. My mom would get us disposable cameras and bury them in the yard for us to find with a scavenger hunt. Then we could take pictures of our fishing adventures and shenanigans while she was gone.
- What is your creative style? If you’re curious, here’s a quiz! For me, creativity is a release.
- What have you done to pursue your dreams lately? How about today? Lately, I’ve been working on my application to veterinary school and all my jobs are animal related, so I’m getting a lot of experience that way.
- When you think of your home, what immediately comes to mind? Home? If I’m wrapped up in Daniel’s arms, I’m there 🙂
- Describe the greatest adventure of your life? After graduating high school, Lauren and I traveled solo to Costa Rica to stay with family friends. It was really fun to experience a culture that is so drastically different from Wisconsin. If you haven’t been there already, I highly recommend! You can read more about our adventure here!
- When did you last push the boundaries of your comfort zone? A few weeks ago, I had to learn to drive the ATV at work. That’s scary stuff. But I did it anyway because A) I was told to and B) the comfort zone is not a place for growth!
Nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award
- Who or what inspired you to start blogging?
- What is a stereotype that you break?
- What is something you love about your hometown?
- When was a time that your determination really paid off?
- What is something you wish more people in society understood?
- Describe the best prank you’ve ever pulled. (Or one that’s been pulled on you!)
- What is a recipe you’ve always wanted to try?
- Tell about a favorite family tradition.
- What is one skill you think everyone should know how to do?
- What is your favorite type of music? Why does it appeal to you?
- What is something you want to learn to do?
Thanks again for the nomination and I can’t wait to read all the responses to these questions! Happy blogging! 🙂