As I was making Vegan Blueberry Orange Bread this weekend, I was having a hard time trying to figure out what time of year it’s best suited for. After all, blueberries are a summer fruit and citrus is winter. But then I remembered that this bread is also known as Bronco bread, so clearly it’s appropriate right now! I’m not even a Bronco’s fan, but I am a fan of this bread and I think I just found a way to justify making it in the summer, fall, and winter.
Somehow, nothing seems to say “fall” quite like football season. Not that football is at all my favorite part about fall. But it’s one of those things I like to have on in the background even though I never actually pay attention or know what’s happening during the game. Mainly because on quiet, relaxing weekends when there’s enough downtime to have it on, chances are I’ll be busy baking in the kitchen!
Also, another reason this bread is perfect for fall is that it pairs wonderfully with a piping hot cup of Purity coffee on a crisp October morning. (Click the link to learn more about this amazing coffee!) Anyway, Vegan Blueberry Orange Bread is absolutely delicious and you won’t even miss the eggs or butter. It’s sweet, moist, and bursting with flavor! Give it a try and let me know what you think in the comments below. I’d love to hear from you 🙂
Similar recipes you’ll enjoy:
Vegan Blueberry Orange Bread
- 3 Tbsp hot water
- 1 Tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil (room temperature)
- ¼ cup hot water
- ½ cup fresh orange juice
- ½ Tbsp orange zest
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cardamom
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a loaf pan or line with parchment paper.
- Next, whisk the flax seed with hot water to make a flax egg and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk coconut oil, water, orange juice, extract, and zest in a medium bowl. Add the “egg” and mix well.
- Finally, add dry ingredients and once mixed, fold in blueberries.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 70 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!