3 Ingredient Butternut Squash
Fall is finally here which means back to school as well as lots of opportunities for fall baking. I’ve been settling into apartment life for the past month and now that classes have started again, it’s hard to find time to actually cook wholesome meals. Thankfully I had yesterday morning free to do a little meal prep, including making this 3 Ingredient Butternut Squash from my grandpa’s garden. It makes a perfect side with pretty much anything. This recipe is extremely simple and easy too (only three ingredients), so it’s perfect for this busy time of year. Enjoy!
1 Butternut squash
2 Tbs. butter
2 Tbs. brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut squash into halves vertically and scoop out seeds to discard. Place the squash skin side down in a glass baking dish.
- Make three slices in each half of the squash, being sure not to cut all the way through. (See above photos.) This will allow the butter and brown sugar to flavor more of the squash.
- Spread the butter evenly on both halves and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake skin side up for approximately 30 minutes or until the squash is soft a fork can be inserted easily.
- Squash can be eaten as is or scooped out of the skins and mashed. Enjoy!
7 thoughts on “3 Ingredient Butternut Squash”
So simple and sweet!
Thank you! 😊
I’m going to have to try this!
I’d love to here how they turn out! ☺