Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sharing is caring!
Happy 4th of July! It’s hard to believe, but a year ago today was my bridal shower. A year before that, Daniel and I started to have serious conversations about getting married. And now, before we know it, we’ll have been married an entire year! 😍 So in honor of all that, I decided to share the Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies we had at our wedding!
Amidst all the details of wedding planning, cookies and coffee between the ceremony and reception seemed like pretty minor detail. When I look back, I remember my early morning hike with Macy and reading the letter I wrote to myself the summer before. And getting my hair done and doing my makeup. The first look. Taking family photos. The ceremony. The carriage ride. The cake cutting. Dinner and speeches. The first dance, and all the other major landmark moments of a wedding day.
But when I talk to people about the wedding, multiple people bring up these cookies! I simply made a ton of Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies to serve while guests mingled at church before cocktail hour. I never thought much of it–it just seemed like a nice little detail. But apparently it was a success! So I thought I should finally share the recipe for these Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Eat the Cookie
While I’m sharing the recipe for one of my favorite cookies, I also want to talk about a book I just starting reading. Appropriately, it’s called Eat the Cookie by Taylor Kiser. She takes a faith-based approach to conquering food fears and accepting the fact that we aren’t perfect. You can still be a healthy person and also eat a cookie now and then! It’s okay! This is why I post a mix of healthy meals and sweets on my blog. As long as they’re in moderation and made from scratch, desserts can fit into your healthy lifestyle. If you’re someone who struggles with orthorexia, other eating disorders, or just want a healthier relationship with food and the Lord, they this book is a must read! Eat the Cookie is now available on Amazon.
Other Cookie Recipes
- EGGLESS CREME BRÛLÉE COOKIES
- OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI COOKIES
- CHEWY CHOCOLATE GINGER COOKIES
- HEALTHIER EGGLESS SNICKERDOODLES
Egg Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat with the paddle attachment until smooth and creamy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl periodically.
- Add the cream cheese and vanilla and continue mixing until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and sea salt. Turn the mixer to low speed and gradually add the flour mixture.
- When all the ingredients are combined, gently fold in the chocolate chips.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into balls using a ½ tablespoon scoop and space them out 2-3 inches apart on the baking sheets. Place them in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350℉.
- When the dough is chilled, bake for 10 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to get golden brown around the edges. Leave them on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.