Baked Spinach Asparagus Risotto
This risotto makes for the perfect dinner on a busy weeknight. It's quick, easy, and full of seasonal veggies and flavor!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 cup Arborio rice uncooked
- 8 cups spinach leaves about 4 oz
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg optional
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan divided
- 1 ½ cup asparagus diagonally sliced in 1 inch pieces
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat. Add onion and cook 4 minutes or until tender. Add rice and mix well. Stir in spinach, broth, salt, and nutmeg. Bring to a simmer and cook for 7 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese.
Cover and bake for 15 minutes. Stir in asparagus and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Cover and bake for an additional 15 minutes or until liquid is almost absorbed.
Find out how to make your own veggie broth here!
Try substituting half of the asparagus for peas as pictured.